Ok here are 5 tips I have for getting rid of that belly fat!
- Eat fiber rich foods - they help you feel fuller longer, aid in digestion and help get rid of bloat. Since many complex carbs contain fiber, you also get the added benefit of slow-digesting carbs which provide you with energy throughout the day!
- Avoid simple carbs and processed foods - white breads, pastas, cookies, crackers, chips, and packaged goods have been largely stripped of their nutritional value due to processing, making them empty calories. They add to your calorie count, without actually ADDING anything beneficial!
- Drink plenty of water - Sometimes thirst and hunger are confused… stay hydrated to not only avoid overeating, but also keep your body functioning at it’s highest level. Your organs need water to function.. this includes fat burning and muscle building processes!
- Get plenty of protein - It keeps you fuller longer than a lot of other foods, it helps maintain and build lean muscle (which in turn will cause you to burn more calories at rest than someone with LESS lean muscle), and it has the highest thermic effect of any of the other macros! The omega 3s in fish, also aid in fighting belly fat!
- Just say no to alcohol - The chemical structure of alcohol actually promotes the accumulation of belly fat. In addition, it is full of empty calories, it slows your metabolism, can cause muscle loss and lowers your self-control, which could cause you to also EAT more than you originally planned.